WARM UP WITH LADLE'S SIGNATURE SOUP
Spice up your weekend
As the winter nights draw in, what could be better than a hearty soup, that draws in all of the flavours of the season! A recipe courtesy of Camden Market trader Ladle, lazy bones can pick this soup up from their horse box in Middle Yard.
However, for those feeling more adventurous, why not take a stroll to our newest trader, The Camden Grocer and pick up all of the fresh, organic veg needed to make this delicious soup yourself (plus a loaf of freshly baked bread to mop it up with)!
Ladle’s 'The Orange Ones' Soup
A chunky five orange vegetable blend with hints of cinnamon, nutmeg and clove.
Ingredients (4 servings):
Butter – 50 g
Onion (chopped) – 150 g
Ginger (chopped) – 15 g
Garlic (chopped) – 2 cloves
Pumpkin (cubed) – 300 g
Acorn Squash (cubed) – 300 g
Butternut Squash (cubed) – 300 g
Sweet potato (cubed) – 150 g
Carrot (cubed) – 150 g
Salt – 1 ½ tsp
Tomato pulp – 80 g
Palm sugar – 15 g
Double cream – 100 g
Ladle’s 'The Orange Ones' spice mix (see below) – 1 ¼ tsp
Prepare Ladle’s 'The Orange Ones' spice mix:
Ground clove – 1 tsp
Chili powder – 2 tsp
Nutmeg – 4 tsp
Cinnamon – 4 tsp
All spice – 5 tsp
• In a pot, melt the butter and add the onion, frying on a medium heat.
• Add the ginger, garlic and carrot, one teaspoon of the spice mix, ½ tsp and ⅓ of other orange vegetables. Stir for 1 minute.
• Stir in the tomato pulp, add one litre of water and bring to the boil over high heat.
• Once boiling, lower the heat to a simmer and cook for 40 minutes.
• Turn the heat off and allow the soup to cool before using a blender to get create an almost smooth consistency.
• Add the remaining ⅔ of the orange vegetables and bring to a boil.
• Cook on a low heat for another hour.
• Add the palm sugar, double cream, one teaspoon of salt, the remaining spice mix and stir.
• Serve with a slice of pumpkin seed bread.
Or if you're even lazier than normal, head down to Middle Yard and stuff yourself with Ladle - no recipe needed!