Market Tech UK Limited (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Market Tech UK Limited, a company incorporated and registered in England with company number 09229268, whose registered address is 54-56 Camden Lock Place, London NW1 8AF.
Information we may collect from you
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience at our website. We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, communicate with suppliers, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us. We may use such information to improve our services by creating wish lists and recommending products that might be of interest to you or to publish customer reviews from time to time. We also use this information to improve our website and apps, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and apps and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you give to us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website, using our apps, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you do all or any of the following: register to use our website or apps, search for a product or supplier, place an order on our website or apps, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our website or apps, enter a competition, promotion or survey, use our apps, and when you report a problem with our website or apps. The information you may give us may include your name, email address, mailing address and phone number. Users may, however, visit our website anonymously and we will only collect personal information from users if they voluntarily submit such information to us.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website or apps we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including:
- the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time);
- products you viewed or searched for;
- page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs); and
- methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any other websites we operate or other services we provide. In this instance we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this website or apps. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to improve our customer service and our website and apps as the information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently;
- to personalise your experience as we may use information collected to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on our website and apps;
- to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and the relevant supplier to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to administer competitions, promotions or surveys;
- to send periodic emails to those users on our mailing list with information on company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time a user would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or the user may contact us via our website;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS). We will only use your information in this way, or pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, where you have expressly consented;
- to notify you about changes to our service or the service of, or products available from, our suppliers; and
- to ensure that content from our website and apps is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, mobile or other electronic device.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, mobile or other electronic device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website and apps safe and secure; and
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, from time to time.
We will share your personal information and information about the orders that you place with the suppliers of the products showcased on our website (the “Suppliers”). The Suppliers may use your information in the same way as we use your information (as described in paragraph three above ‘Uses Made of Your Information’).
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others, but we may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them and/or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information that can personally identify a user to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website and our apps, such as Parse and Google Analytics.
- Our partners that sponsor or promote any competition, promotion or survey we run on our website or apps.
- Our partners for marketing purposes (where you have expressly consented to be contacted for such purposes).
- Third party service providers to help us operate our business, our website or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys.
We may further disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, or those of our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Where we store your personal information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website or apps; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your information) if we intend to use your information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us via our Contact Us page [LINK TO CONTACT US PAGE].
Third party links
Our website and apps may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners, affiliates, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content on these websites and we are not responsible for the practices employed by them. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy and customer support policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please carefully check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. To request access to your personal information please contact us via our Contact Us page [LINK TO CONTACT US PAGE].
Changes to our policy